Corporate History

September 1953
The company begins manufacturing and selling cosmetics under the corporate name of “Ryuhodo” in Nishinari-ku, Osaka.
November 1957
RYUHODO SEIYAKU Co., Ltd. is established; operates under the trade name OPPEN.
September 1959
Corporate Head Office and Head Office factory relocate to Suita City, Osaka.
September 1963
A nationwide foundation is established; the company celebrates its 10th anniversary.
September 1970
Construction of the Chisato Factory in Settsu City, Osaka Prefecture, is completed.
May 1971
Construction of the Central Laboratory in Settsu City, Osaka Prefecture, is completed.
September 1973
The company celebrates its 20th anniversary.
March 1977
Construction of the Osaka Distribution Center in Settsu City, Osaka Prefecture, is completed.
November
The Sales Division splits off from RYUHODO SEIYAKU Co., Ltd. to create OPPEN COSMETICS HONPO RYUHODO SEIYAKU Co., Ltd.
May 1981
Construction of the Kurashiki Training Center in Kurashiki City, Okayama Prefecture, is completed.
September 1983
The company celebrates its 30th anniversary.
April 1986
The company opens the OPPEN ESTHETIC ACADEMY in Toyonaka City, Osaka Prefecture, for the purpose of training estheticians.
July
Construction of the Shiga Factory in Kusatsu City, Shiga Prefecture, is completed.
April 1988
Construction of the Shikoku Training Center in Utazu-cho, Ayauta-gun, Kagawa Prefecture, is completed.
October
Culture Club Shikoku opens at the Shikoku Training Center.
April 1990
Construction of the Kanazawa Training Center in Kanazawa, Ishikawa Prefecture, is completed.
October 1991
Construction of the Niigata Training Center in Niigata City, Niigata Prefecture, is completed.
April 1993
Construction of the company’s new Head Office in Suita City, Osaka Prefecture, is completed.
September
The company celebrates its 40th anniversary.
April 1999
The Research Laboratory and Distribution Center are relocated from Settsu City, Osaka Prefecture, to Kusatsu City, Shiga Prefecture.
November
The OPPEN ESTHETIC ACADEMY is relocated from Toyonaka City, Osaka Prefecture, to Suita City
September 2000
The Basic Cosmetics Factory is relocated from Settsu City, Osaka Prefecture, to Kusatsu City, Shiga Prefecture.
September 2003
The company celebrates its 50th anniversary.
November
OPPEN COSMETICS HONPO RYUHODO SEIYAKU Co., Ltd. merges with RYUHODO SEIYAKU Co., Ltd.
January 2006
F-21 Co., Ltd. (an online mail order company) becomes a subsidiary of OPPEN COSMETICS.
May
The company opens the first Nail Café, a directly-operated nail salon, in Kita-ku, Osaka City.
August
Pharmate Corporation (a personnel recruitment agency) becomes a subsidiary of OPPEN COSMETICS.
November
The company opens MarioGelateria, an Italian gelato shop.
October 2007
A lifelong learning facial esthetic course is established at the Osaka Gakuin University Extension Center.
April 2008
A beauty business course is established in the Osaka Gakuin Junior College Business Administration Department.
July 2010
Happyherz Co., Ltd. is established.
March 2011
Happyherz Co., Ltd. merges with and absorbs Pharmate Corporation.
September 2013
The company celebrates its 60th anniversary.