Personal information protection policy
The Company is aware that protecting personal information is an important social responsibility in order to create various forms of value in society and to conduct work as a company that has an influence on society. We will strive to make our board members and employees thoroughly aware of the importance of personal information on a daily basis, and to steadily perform the items listed below as a fundamental policy for the protection of personal information.
1. Handling, use, and provision of personal information
The Company obtains personal information for the purposes of use of safely and accurately proceeding with transactions and providing better products and services. As for the personal information of employees and personal information that is obtained at the time of hiring, we obtain agreement concerning the purpose and handling of such information in written form or by a method that substitutes for such written documents. In addition, when the Company obtains personal information in any way, we obtain appropriate personal information by considering the content and scale of business and clarify the purpose of use when it is obtained.
Furthermore, except for the cases below, personal information possessed by the Company will not be handled beyond the scope that is necessary to accomplish the purpose of use, and we will take measures in order to prevent use for other purposes. We also will not disclose or provide it to a third party without obtaining the consent of the person to which it belongs.
- a. Cases based on laws or ordinances
- b. When it is necessary in order to protect a person’s life, limb, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the agreement of the person to whom the information belongs
- c. When it is particularly necessary in order to improve public health or promote the sound nurturing of children, and it is difficult to obtain the agreement of the person to whom the information belongs
- d. When it is necessary to cooperate with the performance, by a national government organization, a local government, or a party consigned by one of those parties, of clerical work stipulated in a law or ordinance, and obtaining the agreement of the person to whom the information belongs will or may hinder the performance of such clerical work
2. Safety measures for personal information
The Company will implement the necessary and appropriate safety measures in relation to the prevention and correction of leaks, loss, or damage of personal information.
3. Complaints and consultations related to personal information
We will appropriately and quickly handle complaints, consultations, and requests for disclosure, etc., in relation to the handling of personal information, at a customer service desk.
4. Compliance with laws, ordinances, and rules
The Company will comply with laws and ordinances related to personal information, and guidelines and other rules stipulated by the national government.
5. Continuous improvement of the personal information protection management system
The Company will stipulate regulations, rules, and codes of conduct related to the appropriate protection of personal information, and will operate a management system related to the protection of personal information. In addition, it will make continuous improvements by regularly conducting checks, audits, and reviews of whether the management system is being appropriately implemented.